- 3 pounds fresh Fava bean pods
- 2 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup UP Favolosa Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup fresh goat cheese
- 1/4 cup really good quality Pecorino Romano
Have a medium bowl of ice water prepared. Bring a medium pot of lightly salted water to boil. Shell the fava beans and add to the salted water. Blanch the fava beans for 2 minutes and then add to the bowl of ice water. Allow to cool. Slip the peel off each bean and place in to a food processor with all the other ingredients. Pulse until pureed and creamy. Adjust seasoning to taste and reserve. This pesto sauce can also be used over pasta, on bruschetta, or as a dip for veggies.